The Central Library is closed from Monday, 7.8.2023. You will find the central services directly opposite in the Emil-Figge-Bibliothek (Emil-Figge-Str. 50, first floor):
- returning items
- collection and borrowing of ordered media (reservations, interlibrary loan)
- payment of fees
- learning sites
- reference staff (during business hours)*
- registration for external users (during business hours)*
- and much more
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. - 10 p.m, closed on sundays.
* reference staff: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sebrath-Bibliothek (Sebrathweg 7)
The new Sebrath-Bibliothek in the Technology Park is open since 21.8.2023, where you can learn at 240 comfortable individual learning sites/group work spaces. Here you can find books from natural sciences, economics and technology. From Monday to Friday, reference staff is available for consultation between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Opening hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Across the street in the building Sebrathweg 9 the administration of Dortmund University Library is located.
- Opening hours during the lecture period: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (outside the lecture period: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
An additional Co-Learning Space with 65 seats has opened on the South Campus.
- Opening hours: Monday - Friday 6.30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Co-Learning Space/Hybrid Learning Center
In the Co-Learning Space next to the Seminar Room Building, which has been open since spring, you will find 270 learning spaces. The Hybrid Learning Center (HyLeC) is moving there from the Central Library and will open on September 1. The Co-Learning Space is open until 1 a.m.!
- Opening hours: Monday - Friday 6.30 a.m. - 1 a.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. - 1 a.m.
"Galerie" in the Mensa Building
- Opening hours: Monday - Friday 3 p.m. - 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
More Study Areas
For all study areas see our webpage TU Dortmund study areas.
- We offer a personal tour through the Central Library, also in English if needed.
- Subject guides / databases
- Publication support
- Interlibrary loan, document delivery services
- Internal delivery service
- Reserve book collection
- Book order for Chairs and Central (Scientific) Institutions
- Delivery of deposit copies of TU Dortmund (in German)
- Information for academic staff
WLAN/VPN for guest researchers
- If you want to use the guest access, please ask the administrative contact person for the guest access of the faculty you were invited from. TU staff can also create multiple accounts at the same time - Information from the ITMC on guest access.