Some of the books will move to the Emil-Figge-Bibliothek, and some to the new Sebrath-Bibliothek in the Technology Park, which opens on August 21. The majority of the books will gradually be moved to a storage magazine. In catalog plus you can find the individual book locations. Books housed at any of the four library locations can be borrowed directly on site (except reference collection). All ordered media can be collected at the Emil-Figge-Bibliothek.
Library Locations – Learning in the Library and other Study Areas
The Emil-Figge-Bibliothek is located on the 1st floor of the building Emil-Figge-Str. 50. As before, the humanities and social science books are located here. In addition to borrowing, returning and advice, you will also find all central services there from 7 August, such as collecting ordered books from reservations and interlibrary loans, registration for external users and much more. The Emil-Figge-Bibliothek also offers about 300 learning spaces.
- Opening hours as of Aug. 7, 2023: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., Saturday: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
On the Edge of the Technology Park
The Sebrath Library opens on 21.8.2023. Here you will find books from the natural sciences, economics and technology; library staff will advise you Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Learning is possible here at 240 comfortable individual and group workstations.
- Opening hours as of Aug. 21, 2023: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
On the South Campus
As before, the Departmental Libraries of Regional Planning and Architecture and Civil Engineering are located on the South Campus. Here, too, there are about 80 study workstations.
- Opening hours during the lecture-free period: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., during the lecture period: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
In the Co-Learning Space
The Hybrid Learning Center (HyLeC) is moving into the Co-Learning Space next to the Seminar Room Building, which has been open since the spring. As of September 1, the HyLeC will open there. Co-Learning Space opening hours will be significantly expanded beginning August 7.
- Opening hours Co-Learning Space as of Aug. 7, 2023: Monday - Friday 6.30 a.m. - 1 a.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Many more Learning Spaces on Campus
For the 1,300 learning spaces that will be eliminated in the Central Library, TU Dortmund University is creating even more replacements: in the Gallery in the Mensa building, you can learn from 5 p.m. on August 7 and all day on weekends. On South Campus, another Co-Learning-Space will open on August 21, and in October, a location in downtown Dortmund will open. At the International Meeting Center (IBZ), for example, there are learning opportunities for groups.
- All learning spaces with opening hours and further information can be found on the page Learning spaces on campus.