- Academic Search Ultimate (via EBSCOhost) - Info *
- Ariadne - frauen/genderspezifische Information und Dokumentation - Info
- EIGE's Resource & Documentation Centre (RDC) - Info
- GReTA - Info
- META / IDA - Dachverband Deutschsprachiger Frauen / Lesbenarchive, -bibliotheken und -dokumentationsstellen e.V. - Info
- Digitales Deutsches Frauenarchiv - Info
- MLA International Bibliography - Info *
- PsycInfo (APA) - Info *
- PSYNDEX - Info *
- Scopus - Info *
- SocINDEX with Full Text - Info *
- Web of Science Core Collection - Info *
* Accessible from a TU Dortmund IP address only (further information)
Gender equality and gender research at TU Dortmund University
- Gleichstellungsbüro at TU Dortmund University
- Leitfaden für geschlechtergerechte Sprache
- Veröffentlichung: Für eine geschlechtergerechte TU Dortmund – Die Arbeit der zentralen Gleichstellungsbeauftragten und des Teams im Gleichstellungsbüro 2010-2016 (2016) (PDF).
- Course Catalogue: Gender and Diversity at TU Dortmund University
- Series of events: 'sowohl als auch' aims to focus attention on women's and gender studies at TU Dortmund University on the one hand, and to take up current discourses within non-institutionalized feminist and gender equality movements on the other. Conceived as a Lunch Lecture, both as well as takes place once a semester at lunchtime in the University Library.
- Empfehlungen des Gleichstellungsbüros der TU Dortmund zu Zeitschriften und Online-Publikationen
Portals, Networks and Institutions (nationwide)
- Federal Agency for Civic Education The BpB provides extensive dossiers on the topics "Women's Movement", "Gender Mainstreaming", "Women in Germany" and "Homosexuality" on its homepage under the category 'Gender Diversity'. In addition, basic terms can be searched for practically using the lexicon function.
- Cornelia Goethe Center for Women's Studies and the Study of Gender Relations (Goethe University Frankfurt a. M.)
- Digital German Women's Archive By November 2018, an internet portal on the women's movement will be created, providing central access to the holdings of all German-language lesbian/women's archives, libraries, and documentation centers.
- Essen College for Gender Studies (University of Duisburg Essen)
- Department of Gender Studies (Ruhr University Bochum)
- Fachstelle Gender NRW
- Feminist Institute Hamburg
- Gender Open Repository Project with the aim of establishing an electronic platform on which publications and other knowledge resources in the field of gender studies can be made freely accessible on a permanent basis and secured in the long term.
- Göttingen Center for Gender Studies (Georg-August-University Göttingen)
- Heinrich Böll Foundation - Gunda Werner Institute
- History of women philosophers and scientists (University of Paderborn)
- Interdisciplinary Working Group on Women's and Gender Studies (University of Kassel)
- Interdisciplinary Center forWomen's and Gender Studies (University of Bielefeld)
- InterdisciplinaryCenter for Gender Studies (Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald)
- Center of Excellence Women in Science and Research (CEWS) of GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences The CEWS publishes the CEWSjournal every two months with information on gender equality policy developments in Germany and Europe as well as current studies on the topic. (Open Access)
- "Lieselle " - Student Women's Library at the Ruhr University Bochum
- Margherita von Brentano Center for Gender Studies (FU Berlin)
- Netzwerk Frauen- und Geschlechterforschung NRW The Network for Women's and Gender Studies in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) has set itself the goal of shaping science in a gender-just way and networking gender research in an interdisciplinary way. On the online portal of the network you will find databases of experts, research projects and institutions dedicated to women's and gender studies.
- Center for Gender Studies and Feminist Futures Research (Philipps University of Marburg)
- Center forInterdisciplinary Women's and Gender Studies (TU Berlin)
- Center forGender Studies (University of Hildesheim)
- Center forInterdisciplinary Women's and Gender Studies (University of Oldenburg)
- Center for Transdisciplinary Gender Studies (Humboldt University of Berlin) Publishes the journal Bulletin every semester
Journals (scientific) - a selection
- Journal "Frauenfragen" (Available via interlibrary loan) The journal "Frauenfragen" is published once a year. It is published by the Swiss Federal Commission for Women's Issues (EKF) and contains texts in German, French and Italian. Each annual issue is devoted to a current women's policy issue, combining scholarly essays, interviews with experts, and portraits of people who dedicate their lives and work to the overarching theme of feminism.
- Femina Politica (in the collection of the TU Dortmund University) Journal for feminist political science. Articles from issue 2/2004 (vol. 13). Texts from the last three volumes cost 3€ each, older texts are available in open access.
- Feminist Review (held by TU Dortmund, but not the last 4 years.) Feminist Review is a peer reviewed, interdisciplinary journal setting new agendas for feminism.
- Gender. Zeitschrift für Geschlecht, Kultur und Gesellschaft (in the holdings of TU Dortmund University) Gender. Zeitschrift für Geschlecht, Kultur und Gesellschaft offers women's and gender studies as well as gender studies an interdisciplinary forum for scientific debates, but also for communication between science and practice. Published by the Netzwerk Frauen- und Geschlechterforschung NRW .
Feminism (popular culture media)
- Emma (available in the holdings of TU Dortmund University until 2015) Emma is probably the best-known feminist magazine in Germany. Founded in 1977 by the journalist Alice Schwarzer, it is still published by her every two months. The "political magazine for people" is devoted to a broad range of topics, with the focus still on gender equality policy, the construction of femininity in the media, and the distribution of roles in private life. In addition, Emma is the initiator of various campaigns and projects, for example against pornography and prostitution. In the digital Emma reading room, all issues of the magazine since 1977 can be read. In addition, Emma makes selected texts from the current issue available on its homepage.
- FEMbooks online store for feminist, lesbian_queer, emancipatory books and media.
- Feminismus im Pott (Blog) "Feminismus im Pott" is the association of a group of net activists* from the Ruhr area who blog about the "feminisms of the region". An emancipatory place for current discussions, networking and pop culture. Participation is encouraged!
- Feminism 101 The project sees itself as a continuously growing reference and translation work of basic feminist terms such as slut shaming, rape culture or simply sexism. In the "Stoffsammlung" (collection of material) you can find additional reading material sorted by topics. Also an overview of feminist journals, magazines, zines and netfeminist blogs is given.
- Mädchenmannschaft Blog "For feminists and those who want to become one." Includes literature tips, among other things.
- Missy Magazine (partially available online) Self-published quarterly, Missy Magazine combines coverage of pop culture, politics, and style with a feminist stance. Portraits of outstanding female artists or activists, reports on women's political issues, but also lifestyle tips as well as fashion highlights for every woman are the focus.