The basis for the discussion is the "DFG Position Paper on Academic Publishing as a Foundation and Area of Leverage for Research Assessment", in which the DFG has summarized analyses and recommendations for action.
Time: Thursday, 19.10.2023, 4.30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Place: Rudolf Chaudoire Pavilion
Overall moderation: Dr. Kathrin Höhner, University Library
- 4.30 p.m.: Welcome by Prof. Manfred Bayer, President of TU Dortmund University
- 4.40 p.m.: Lecture by Dr. Tobias Grimm (Head of the Life Sciences 2 Group of the DFG): Position of the DFG on the reorientation of publication evaluation
- 4.55 p.m.: Presentation by Dr. Heike Wulfert (Head of the Office of Research Support Services at TU Dortmund University): Changes in DFG funding proposals
- 5.10 p.m.: Panel discussion "Opportunities and limits of science evaluation through publications" (moderated by Dr. Joachim Kreische, University Library).
- Prof. Guido Clever, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Professorship of Bioinorganic Chemistry (TU Dortmund University).
- Prof. Christian Rehtanz, Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Chair of Energy Systems and Energy Economics, Member of Review Board 408 Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (TU Dortmund University)
- Prof. Sara Kipfer, Department of Humanities and Theology, Department of Protestant Theology, Chair of Old Testament (TU Dortmund University)
- Prof. Holger Wormer, Institute of Journalism, Chair of Science Journalism (TU Dortmund University)
- Dr. Tobias Grimm (Head of the Life Sciences 2 Group of the DFG)
- from 6 p.m.: Get together with snacks and drinks