Teachers have been trained at the Ruhr College of Education (PH Ruhr) since 1929. The Dortmund location including its section for special education has been integrated into Dortmund University since 1980.
For research, teaching, as well as for the interested public, the course catalogs and personnel directories of the former Ruhr College of Education (PH Ruhr) and its predecessor institutions from the years 1929 to 1980 have recently become available on the Dortmund repository Eldorado:
- Lecture schedule / College of Teacher Education, SS 1929-WS 1932/33.
- Work schedule / Teacher Training College, Dortmund, WH 1933/34-WH 1940/41
- Name and lecture schedule / Pedagogical Academy Dortmund, currently Lünen, WS 1948/49
- Course catalog / Pedagogical Academy Dortmund, WS 1952/53-WS 1961/62
- Course catalog / Ruhr College of Education, SS 1962-SS 1967
- Staff and course catalog / Ruhr College of Education, WS 1967/68-SS 1980
Obvious gaps in the records in the 1940s result from the impacts and reactions of the Second World War, the relocation of the Pedagogical Academy to another location, and due to the reconstruction phase in the post-war period. The Ruhr College of Education, located in Dortmund, was merged with the University of Dortmund on April 01, 1980.
Information on the history of the institutions can be found in the chronicle TU Dortmund University - a journey through time.
Would you like to learn more about Dortmund University's history? Files, photographs and other materials are located in the TU Dortmund University Archive. They can be used by appointment and in compliance with legal requirements.